Our client is looking for a dedicated experienced Team leader/ Residential Children Care Worker to provide Advice, assistance, and support to young people within children’s homes within Taunton
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensuring that each member of staff is aware of each child’s care plan and their responsibilities.
Attending childcare reviews and planning meetings to provide information and achieve best outcomes for young people.
Undertaking direct work with young people and acting as an appropriate role model
Maintaining accurate written records in logs, continuation sheets and files both to record information and enable regular monitoring and evaluation to take place.
Chairing children’s meetings and facilitating consultation with young people generally.
Acting as an appropriate adult at PACE interviews
Developing in consultation with young people and staff routines in relation to all aspects of childcare
Clarifying expectations in relation to maintaining the Home in a clean and orderly condition
Creating rotas which fit best with children’s needs, and which allow proper handovers between shifts.
Ensuring that there are appropriate and adequate reporting and recording systems in place to comply with National Minimum Standards
Attending to all administration issues in relation to the Home and the provision of weekly management information reports for Central Services
Hours, pay and interview process.
· You will be contracted to 39 hours per week but if you do more than your contracted hours you will be paid time and a quarter.
· The salary is up to 30,000 a year dependent upon experience and qualifications.
· The shift pattern you will be working is 1 full day + sleep in and another full day. You will then be off for 2 days and repeat the shifts, 2 on 2 off rota.
· You will have a first stage interview over teams with the home manager for around 40 minutes to an hour. We will receive feedback a few days later to see if you have been successful or not.
· If successful in stage 1 you will then be invited to an induction. This induction is over 6 days over 5 areas where the inductions take place. If you live more than an hour away, the client will pay for your travel, accommodation, and food!
· You will be paid for the full 6 days of your induction on top of your first months’ pay!
The client also offers a lot of other benefits when joining the company such as putting you forward to achieve qualification within the healthcare sector!
Full Clean UK Driving License
NVQ or Equivalent
If this is something you may be interested in or want to find out more about, please apply now or call us on 01604 263650.