Our client is looking for a dedicated experienced Senior Support Worker to provide Advice, assistance, and support to young people within children’s homes within Derby
We are looking for the right candidate who has over 18 months experience working within children's residential homes looking to take a next step in there career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- To organize and shift lead in group activities and group holidays
- Observe and assess the behaviour of Young People
- To engage in and supervise day to day care practices, creating an accepting environment conducive to the positive personal development of each Young Person
- To work as a member of the senior team, ensuring that the reception, ongoing care and discharge of Young People is undertaken in accordance with the statutory framework and policies & procedures of the organisation
- To attend and assist in chairing staff meetings and to ensure/evidence that actions from meetings are being implemented and followed through consistently
- To work closely and in co-operation with carers, social work staff, specialists and other professional agencies in accordance with the role and function of the home
- Compile reports, including Review, Progress, and Incident reports
- To shift lead in alternating shift pattern, and support care workers accordingly
- Must have a full UK driving license
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Must have over 18 months experience working with children .
- Worked as a Senior or Team Leader before.
This is a permanent job role working 39 hours per week.
A combination of early shifts, late shifts and full days with occasional sleep-in duties. All positions include working some weekends and bank holidays.
The salary does depend on the experience and qualifications that you have.
This role can be considered part time meaning the salary would be Pro rata.
All successful candidates will be expected to display a commitment to promoting the safeguarding and wellbeing of our Young People and to participate in all activities with the young people including in the classroom setting.
If this is something you are interested in or know anyone who would be, please apply now or call us on 01604 263650.