Our client is looking for a dedicated and experienced Residential Care Worker to provide Advice, assistance and support to young people within children’s homes within Hereford.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining an environment that is homely, warm, welcoming and positive through cleaning, tidying, organising and cooking etc.
- Establishing positive relationships and always offering unconditional and positive regards
- Constantly meeting the physical, emotional, behavioral, cultural and educational needs of our young people
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways to deal with problems.
- Helping our young people to gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behavior and rewarding acceptable pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each young person’s care plan is followed and innovated as appropriate to reflect their changing needs.
- Providing advice, assistance and support on a 1:1 basis to enable young people to address past and present difficulties to achieve their best outcomes.
- Being friendly and positively ambitious for our young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential.
- Supporting our young people in their education and pursuit of extra-curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager.
- Empowering our young people and facilitating their active involvement decisions where appropriate around their lives and future
- Acting as an advocate at meetings where the young person is the subject of discussion.
- Encouraging our young people to develop links with the community, attend off-site activities and expand their personal social networks.
Hours, pay and interview process.
· You will be contracted to 39 hours per week but if you do more than your contracted hours you will be paid time and a quarter.
· The salary is up to 28,000 a year dependent upon experience.
· The shift pattern you will be working is 1 full day + sleep in and another full day. You will then be off for 2 days and repeat the shifts.
· You will have a first stage interview over teams with the home manager for around 40 minutes to an hour. We will receive feedback the following day.
· If successful in stage 1 you will then be invited to an induction. This induction is over 6 days over 5 areas where the inductions take place. If you live more than an hour away, the client will pay for your travel, accommodation and food!
· You will be paid for the full 6 days of your induction on top of your first months’ pay!
The client also offers a lot of other benefits when joining the company such as putting you forward to achieve qualification within the healthcare sector!
If this is something, you may be interested in or want to find out more about please apply now or call us on 01604 263650