The client is an innovative process instrumentation and measurement solutions company operating in more than 40 countries. Through continuous research and development and a consistent customer orientation, they are one of the leaders in our industry.
PRODUCT MAINTENANCE ENGINEER - MECHANICAL
A vacancy has arisen in the R&D department for a Product Maintenance Engineer within the Research and Development Department providing life-cycle support of existing products.
Your main responsibilities:
· Evaluating and implementing design change requests related to the full range of KROHNE’s Coriolis mass flowmeters.
· Preparing, maintaining and revision control of 3D CAD models, drawings and BOM’s using SolidWorks and Keytech PLM software.
· Updating and correcting CAD modelling errors in legacy SolidWorks Drawings, Parts and Assemblies
· Re-drawing legacy AutoCAD designs in SolidWorks
· Provide CAD draughting support to Research and Development Engineers
· Work closely with and support other departments (Production, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality) and suppliers to improve existing designs with respect to design for manufacture and assembly. Your qualifications and experience:
· Good practical experience in 3D CAD is essential, preferably using SolidWorks
· Experience in PLM Systems and document revision control
· Familiar with the principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Experience in a product development and product manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of special materials such as austenitic and Duplex stainless steels, hastelloy, titanium, tantalum etc. would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of permanent joining methods such as welding, brazing, adhesive bonding etc.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as casting, injection moulding, machining, fabrication, forming etc.
£30,000 - £40,000k Dependant on experience.