Our client is an emerging pharmaceutical company based in Berkshire focusing on GMP, solid dosage generic pharmaceuticals.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is an operation role, undertaking the day to day mechanical and electrical duties for the maintenance and repair of the Manufacturing and Packaging equipment, as well as supporting the wider business, where necessary.
The Multi Skilled Engineer will provide technical support in the event of equipment failure, ensuring plant equipment breakdowns are repaired in an efficient and effective way. In addition, daily maintenance will be required on all relevant machinery across Manufacturing and Packaging. The Employee will also be expected to provide Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPM) on all relevant equipment, when scheduled.
All engineers are required to support the wider Facilities team, where necessary.
- Maintaining key equipment and machinery across Packaging and Manufacturing departments including, but not limited to Granulators, Coaters, Fluid Bed Dryers, Blenders, IBC Hoists, Capsule Filling Machines, Co-Mills, Vacuum Transfer Systems, Bin Wash Stations, Tablet Presses, Conveyor Belts, Blister Machines, Check Weighers and Cartonators.
- Performing troubleshooting and diagnostic electrical testing across all relevant machinery, as noted above.
- Programming and general usage of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs).
- Maintenance of GMP documentation, as required by the governing regulator (MHRA) and in line with best practice.
- Operational Qualification and revalidation.
- Supporting the wider Facilities team with maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Driving continuous improvement across all engineering processes and procedures through innovation and teamwork.
- You will as part of a team participate in multiple project activities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Any other task given to you by relevant stakeholder for you to be able to perform your role.
- In addition to the core manufacturing equipment you will also assist in the maintenance and operations of core utilities (purified water, compressed air systems, Chilled Water Systems, HVAC systems, and various control systems on site)
- Ideally an appreciation of GMP working environments, including Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Packaging Processes.
- Experience working with Servo-Motors and relevant PLCs.
- Ideally an HND level (QCF Level 4 or 5) or equivalent qualification is a mechanical and electrical engineering discipline.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Control Panel electronics.
- Understanding of Low Voltage systems.
- Understanding of Servo-Motors, used for precise control across multiple Pharmaceutical machinery.
- Understanding of Compressed Air Systems/ Pneumatics.
- Understanding of Chilled Water Systems
- Understanding and appreciation of complex Printed Circuit Boards (PCB).
- Understanding and appreciation of complex Control Panels used across Manufacturing multiple equipment