This is a great opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer to join a category-leading brand and an exciting stage in the history of the business. Due to the fast expansion of the business, we are looking for professionals to join our team to fulfil and grow into their roles.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate understanding of complex, fast moving, clean environments, whilst having a keen eye for detail and a good experience of preventative maintenance techniques.
Day to day tasks as a Maintenance Engineer
• Providing reactive maintenance support to the production operation.
• Assessment, identification, modification and performance of preventive maintenance, scheduled maintenance, modifications, or failures/breakdowns on production and packaging machines / lines, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical.
• You should be strong in either mechanical or electrical systems, PLC controls, low-voltage controls, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
• Engineering corrective actions to support the Production Line Manager in ensuring that safe product is produced in line with legislation and Quality standards.
• Adhere to all health and Safety legislation and actively promote safety on allocated shift.
• Actively identify and implement plans to eliminate unnecessary losses such as cost, waste, and inefficiencies.
• Record in the in-house ERP system work performed, spare parts used/replaced including changes in equipment.
• Will have knowledge in mechanical or electrical Maintenance within a manufacturing industry - preferably FMCG production.
• Will have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable when dealing with colleagues at all levels across a range of functions within the business.
• Will have experience working in a process plant.
• Food Hygiene Training (Basic level) either external or in-house equivalent training.
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety.
• Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Will be working in environment where Continuous Improvement process is used and opinion of individuals are highly valued.
Above and beyond the required skills, the individual for this role must have exceptional interpersonal skills, attitude, and ability to communicate clearly and to support others in the company at all time is essential.
If you have previous food, experience will be an added advantage.