The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will set and operate a cell of CNC and manual machines, to perform a simultaneous and inter-related sequence of operations on components in compliance with specification.
Salary: Very competitive - will also beat current salary for the correct candidate.
Summary of Duties
The CNC Machine Cell Setter/Operator will:
- Work in an environment of continuous improvement and follow the Right First Time philosophy in the manufacture of quality parts.
- Refer to drawings, tool list and set-up sheet to obtain appropriate tooling and measuring equipment and return upon completion of job.
- Mark out if required, load and unload components manually or by jib crane to work piece chucks or fixtures. Set correctly and secure.
- Set the CNC machine tools to program setting sheet, using multiple tooling stations. Set gearshaper m/c.
- Operate the CNC controls, having a basic understanding of machine tool programming and produce component parts to company standards. Operate semi-automatic gearshaper.
- Carry out dimensional and visual checks using appropriate measuring equipment and gauges, to ensure components meet inspection standards.
- Ensure required standards of safety are adhered to, machine cleanliness and routine machine lubrication is carried out.
- Report to supervision any machine tool or measuring instrument defect to minimise scrap and downtime.
- Participate in Kaizen activities to improve processes and increase efficiency.
- Liase with Production Engineering, Quality and Supervision in problem solving and determining maximum efficiency.
- To carry out any reasonable task or project that may be required by the value Stream Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Working to engineering drawings
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with CNC machines
- Ability to work efficiently to deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and hardworking
- Ability to prioritise
- Calm under pressure
- A team player, with an efficient and proactive approach.
In order to be considered for this role a candidate must be able to satisfy the following requirements:
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
- Previous experience with CNC Machines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Manual lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 5 kgs
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 kgs
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 kgs